Friday, July 23, 2010

A Visit to the Library

There's nothing like a visit to the library to cure any sort of bad day. Even just a few minutes of wandering dreamily through the stacks and I'm as happy as a clam.

Here are my borrowings for the day:

Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores The Hidden Side of Everything, by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner (only one is an economist, so title is still correct)

Gilded Youth: Three Lives in France's Bell Epoque, by Kate Cambor (again, I know there's an accent on the E, don't know how to put them on)

The Sleeping Beauty, by Mercedes Lackey

Woodland Gardens: Shade Gets Chic, ed. by C. Colston Burrell (Brooklyn Botanic Gardens series)

The English Roses: Classic Favorites & New Selections, by David Austin

Gardening With Tulips, by Michael King

Trees for the Small Garden, by Simon Toomer

Again, my usual random assortment gleaned from holds, books on display shelves, and attempting to take out the entirety of one section at a time.

As you can see, I've discovered the gardening section. My life will never be the same again. So many wonderful books with fabulous full-colour photos of entirely unobtainable gardens! I did say earlier I read to escape, right? So why not escape into some beautiful gardens?

I am very excited about the Mercedes Lackey book. It seems I put it on hold ages ago, but it was only April. I can't wait to read it and will probably tackle it first thing, even though I still have most of the behemoth (see photo in earlier post) waiting for me, plus 6 Georgette Heyers to read. Sadly, there's no new nosy bookworm post coming up with this hold - I couldn't get a good look at the other books to see the title. At least it was a book - the past several holds I've picked up have been sandwiched by dvds! This is the nosy bookworm, not the nosy dvd-watcher.

Finally, a word of caution. When carrying a bag of chips around in your library bag, just be careful about putting the books in your library bag, in case the chips get squished. I am happy to report that despite some squishage, the chips still taste great. (Old Dutch Cheddar & Sour Cream, if you must know.)

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment